Monday, 28 October 2013

Bapron

So tradition dictates that you should get a baby silver as a christening gift - however, I decided that I would make something rather more practical for a friend's little girl's Naming Ceremony.  I'd been looking at a fab pattern for baby apron's on Craftiness is not Optional's blog for ages with no reason to make them . . . so this seemed like the perfect excuse.

Although these are a practical gift - there is not reason I couldn't use rather cute fabric - this was called 'Hetty the Yetti' and once I'd found it on eBay I just had to use it.


The pattern is an easy one piece that can be cut out of a fat quarter of fabric - there may even be a possibility to get two cut, but I haven't tried yet.  Then there are lengths of bias binding that are sewn on to create the shape of the apron.

Hopefully they will be hardwearing and practical - I can certainly see them becoming a staple of my 'baby hand made presents'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment