Thursday, 4 April 2013

Instagram Swap

A few months back I installed the instagram app on my iPhone - and so a new addiction started! After a while I stumbled across the lovely Jackie who was advertising two Spring and Easter themed swaps - I decided to join in.  Jackie's swaps are different from swaps I had done before as they were set up as a huge circle, I was given an address of the person I had to send my gift to, but it would be a different person sending me a gift - a rather fun way of doing it and meant than you felt part of a bigger picture.  There were two swaps 'Some Bunny Loves You' and 'Spring Makes Me Sing' - as I couldn't decide which to do, I signed up for both!

Some Bunny Loves You Swap

All wrapped and ready to go!

I'd been given the details of Nicola of Sewing Tails to put a parcel of Bunny goodies together for.  After having a look through her instagram photos and blog, I saw that a teapot cosy would go down rather well.  I used my Lindsay Mudd design as inspiration and knitted a bunny themed tea cosy.  I also found some cute creme egg cosies that I had to try - although the first creme eggs were 'tested' so I had to replace my eggs! I also spent an enjoyable evening sketching and sewing a little bunny brooch :) The other goodies I included were some kinder Easter chocolate and some fab carrot buttons.

The goodies inside (minus the teapot!)

lots of parcels to open!
My parcel of Bunny goodies came from Katy over at 'What Katy Did Next' - some beautiful Easter decorations that were put up the moment I opened them, some chocolate eggs (they didn't last long!) and a lovely crochet pot holder.  The pot holder is the perfect size for my vase to sit on and makes it look rather pretty - I am going to have to accomplish crocheting soon, as I really want to be able to make a granny square blanket (can't seem to find knitted ones that look as good!).  Thanks Katy :)


Spring Makes Me Sing Swap

Such lovely wrapping paper - must go and get some more!
For the Spring swap I'd been been given the details of April from Little April Showers Jewellery. After knitting a chick creme egg cosy and then finally knitting something from my '100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet' - a poppy to turn into a brooch, I decided to get the sewing machine out.  Knowing that a foldable shopping bag is always using, I set about drafting a pattern - using my fab bird material from ikea with a red spotty lining.  I was rather pleased with the result and will have to make one for myself at some point!

Spring themed goodies


Very pretty wrapping!
My Spring swap came from Louise from Gaze of Dolls design. A fab bundle of goodies, which also contained a bag - very useful as we were in Wales for Easter weekend and you have to pay for bags over there! There was also some pins and pin cushion, I have already used whilst knitting up my latest tea cosy.  The whale was christened 'Plip Plop' and now lives at the flat in Wales, he wanted to be near the sea!  The chocolate flowers look to pretty to eat and have so far survived.  Thanks Louise :)

Doing these swaps was lots of fun and made the Easter weekend feel like my birthday with the numerous parcels to open!  I shall be keeping my eyes peeled for other swaps to take part in :) certainly keeps me out of mischief.

No comments:

Post a Comment