Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Easter Rocky Road Recipe

Make, Do and Push!: Cake Week 2013

So my first ever recipe blog post.  Although I've called this 'Easter Rocky Road' it is a bit more cakey than traditional rocky road.  My mum used to make it when we were little and we called it "Marshmallow Martians"  - don't ask me why, as I haven't a clue! I'm not sure where the recipe originates from as my mum has it written on a scrap of paper - I'll happily acknowledge the original recipe if somebody knows where it is!


 I have swapped in a few Easter yummies and swapped out the nuts (which in the original recipe was in place of the mini eggs and half the amount).  My mum gave me the amounts in ounces and I have given equivalent grams as well.  After seeing that the lovely Hannah was having a Cake Week on her blog 'Make, Do & Push', I just had to share the recipe.



Easter Rocky Road

Ingredients 
14oz / 1 tin of condensed milk
8oz / 225g caster sugar
4oz / 115g plain flour
1oz / 30g coco powder
4oz / 115g butter
6oz / 170g of mini eggs
5oz / 140g biscuit
1 tsp of vanilla essence
6oz / 170g of marshmallows (I used the big ones rather than the mini ones)
100g mini creme eggs



1. Line a brownie tin with greaseproof paper.

2. Add the following to a large saucepan:
14oz / 1 tin of condensed milk
8oz / 225g caster sugar
4oz / 115g plain flour
1oz / 30g coco powder
4oz / 115g butter

3. Bring slowly to the boil, stirring continuously.

4. Cook for 1 minute.

5. Allow to cool and chop the marshmallows in half whilst you wait.

6. Add the following yummies and mix lightly:
6oz / 170g of mini eggs (this is in place of the 3oz of nuts in the original recipe)
5oz / 140g biscuit
1 tsp of vanilla essence
6oz / 170g of marshmallows 

7. Pour into the prepared tray and push halved mini creme eggs into the top.

8. Leave to set in the fridge.


2 comments:

  1. Ooh that looks so naughty!!! Yum! Thank you for linking up lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can confirm it is rather naughtily delicious - not sure it is going to last until the weekend, may have to ration it! Just had to link up to a cake week :) fab idea xx

      Delete