Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Cafe au Lait Hand Warmers

So my first free pattern download from Raverly were a lovely pair of Hand Warmers - I did wonder if I was attempting something too tricky - as the lacy pattern looks rather complicated.  Thankfully it looks impressive, but was easy to understand and notice when I had gone wrong!!

* triumphant fanfare* I have finally worked out how to ensure that I don't end up knitting inside-out and back-to-front when using the magic loop method!  I make sure when I tie the first stitch on the left-hand needle I have a long tail - then I use this tail to cast on the number of stitches  leaving the 'working end' in the right place for the first row.  I'm not sure if this is the correct way to cast on - but its works for me, so I am going to continue to use it!  Especially as the first glove was unravelled not once, but twice before I was happy with it - so soul destroying that I almost gave up.

The only problem with knitting things in pairs, is that after knitting the first one you still have the second one to knit - it's probably a good job these were a present with a deadline to finish them, as otherwise I may still only have the one!

No comments:

Post a Comment