Thursday, 25 October 2012

Bow Tie

This post has been sitting in my draft pile for ages - As it was a present, I didn't want to spoil the surprise.  However, I hadn't banked on Royal Mail taking nearly two weeks to deliver a first class parcel!!  Thankfully it hadn't got lost and I hadn't started to make the replacement Bow  Tie!

I wanted to make my brother something that could fit through his letter box for his birthday - after a bit of contemplation I decided on a Bow Tie.  After a bit of searching I found this fabulous step-by-step instructions and pattern by Angela Osborne.  The pattern calls for either half a metre with a back seem in the bow tie or a metre if you want to omit the back seem.  However, I think with some careful cutting of patterns you may just about get the pattern cut from a fat quarter, as I had about that much left over.

As suggested by the pattern I also made a small matching pocket handkerchief, not sure if it will get used, but at least it is there!  I can foresee me sewing up numerous versions of the bow tie for my brother's future birthdays  . . . maybe he needs a Christmas themed one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment