Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Coconut and Raspberry Cupcakes

As well as being sent back with a few sticks of rhubarb this weekend, I also picked a Tupperware box full of home grown raspberries from PB's garden! They smelt delicious and rather than just eat them on the train, which I was rather tempted to do, I decided to hunt out a cake recipe.  I'd half decided on this Apricot and Raspberry Buckle cake during my train journey . . . but I then found a very pretty recipe for Coconut and Raspberry Cupcakes.  The perfect reason to use the 79p sale cupcake cases I'd picked up in Lakeland at the weekend :-)

The recipe is really easy - a throw everything in the bowl (apart from the raspberries!) and whisk until smooth.  Everything was done in the half hour that I had spare between the two episodes of Eastenders last night - very exciting to see the Olympic Flame appear on the set and a treat of live broadcasting! The icing is rather scrummy and I did eat rather a lot of it before I even started icing the cupcakes - oops! The pink of the icing is made from a few left over raspberries.
I really need to stop baking so many cakes and finish the various half-finished crafty projects - watch out for some more tea cosies!

No comments:

Post a Comment