Friday, 1 June 2012

Morning Owl Tea Cosy

So I've finished my latest tea cosy - one snoozy morning owl - he is rather cute and I've already had two requests! The pattern is created by Debi Birkin - if you've got a spare minute and need inspiration for your next knitting project, have a look. There is a whole range of tea cosies, will definitely be purchasing some more of her patterns. The Owl tea cosy is featured in the upcoming Cath Kidston catalogue, so if you're not into knitting, you can buy a ready made version for £20!

The pattern is one of the easiest knitting patterns I've ever knitted, even managed the knitting into different colours to knit the tummy. I decided against googley eyes, so cut out felt versions instead - but I don't think this makes too much of a difference.

So will be having jubilee tea and cakes with a snazzy new tea cosy! Rather excited!

2 comments:

  1. Could you please share this pattern with me. I do not have a checking or paypal account so i am not able to purchase. I am a beginner knitter and the two you have made are an inspiration to me. You did a fantastic job. My email is nmione3@rcn.com i would love to make one for my sister for her birthday next month. Is the pattern easy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous - I'm afraid my pattern is a paper copy and they are easily available on ebay or other sites. If you are looking for free tea cosy patterns have a look on Ravelry.com - you will need to create a free account, but then will be able to access many easy knitting patterns. Good luck with the knitting :)

      Delete